Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Magic of Thinking Big!!!

This Month I have started reading this Fabulous Book! I have never been a reader, that has always been Tony's thing, but as we have joined TEAM my thinking has changed. As I started reading The Magic of Thinking Big, I was amazed that the first couple pages sucked me in! It is a book I can relate to really well. In the first chapter, Believe you can succeed and you will, I came to a couple paragraphs that hit home. I would like to share...

This was a Gentleman that shared a personal experience with Dr. Shwartz... He was telling his story.

"It was now about 3 a.m. but my mind was astonishingly clear. I was seeing my weak point for the first time. I discovered that I had held back. I had always carried a little stick. I dug into myself deeper and deeper and found the reason I lacked initiative was because I didn't believe inside that I was worth very much.

"I sat there the rest of the night just reviewing how lack of faith in myself had dominated me ever since I could remember, how I used my mind to work against myself. I found I had been preaching to myself why I couldn't get ahead instead of why I could. I had been selling myself short. I found this streak of self-depreciation showed through in everything I did. Then it dawned on me that no one else was going to believe in me until I believed in myself."

Now I don't know about you but I can relate to that Gentleman in every way!! I think that in the journey of life the one thing that goes against us almost always is the belief we have in ourselves. It's kept me from doing so many things and I can honestly say, that I don't want to beat myself up anymore. It's not worth it! You as an individual are capable of so much if you would just believe in yourself! One of my fave quotes is "The only thing in life you regret, are the risks you didn't take." How many risks have you not taken because you lacked the belief in yourself to make it happen???

Read this book I promise you will enjoy every word as I have.

No comments: